RSA - SITHFAB009A Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
BOOKINGS: 1300 102 838
About this training course
This 6 hour SITHFAB009A Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course is for all individuals who intend to serve patrons in a licensed venue in NSW. NSW legislation identifies the unit SITHFAB009A Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) as the compulsory unit required to be completed by persons wanting to be involved in the sale or supply of alcohol on licensed premises. This includes all staff of bottle shop, cafes and restaurants that serves alcohol including BYO venues.
The aim of this training course is to provide participants with the knowledge and understanding required to act responsibly when selling and supplying alcohol, with the intention that they can perform their duties in the workplace with greater awareness of the responsibilities in relation to the law, customer service, and duty of care and harm minimisation
In this course participants gain the skills and knowledge for responsible service of alcohol under State/Territory legislation. All staff involved in the service of alcohol should complete this unit. The study areas include:
• Objectives of the responsible service of alcohol Act
• Obligations under the Act
• Offences and penalties in relation to responsible service of alcohol
• Identification of customers to whom the service of alcohol must/may be refused in accordance with state regulations
• Acceptable proof of age identification
• Standard drinks
• Service of alcoholic beverages responsibly
• Assisting customers to drink within appropriate limits
• Recognising signs of intoxication
• Refusal of service
• Assisting alcohol affected customers
Course Outcomes – National Statement of Attainment and OLGR Certificates issued on successful completion.
Under the Australian Quality Training Framework upon the successful completion of the course participants receive a Statement of Attainment for the unit SITHFAB009A Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) as part of Certificate II in Hospitality Operations.
To ensure your paperwork is completed and all ID has been checked please arrive 15 minutes before class start time.
No admittance to class:
• after course start time
• without ID being checked
• paperwork completed
1 form of Photo ID is required to be shown on the day of course. Suitable ID includes:
• Drivers Licence
• Proof of Age Card
• Original Birth Certificate
- TO ATTEND THIS RSA COURSE YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE. If you are under 18 years of age, you will require written parental approval and a your full Birth Certificate plus Phot ID.
$160 On the day - Work-site - Country regions prices on application
$140 Pre-paid in training rooms
Duration: 6 hours face-to-face with assessment occurring in the workplace or a simulated work environment.
** To ensure your paperwork is completed and all ID has been checked please ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before class start time.
** No admittance to class after start class
** All ID must be checked and paperwork completed before class start time.
** Course Outcomes - CERTIFICATES ISSUED SAME DAY on successful completion
Class size: 16-30
* Booking and paying for the RSA & RSG attracts a reduced fee for the person undertaking the two courses.
What to bring?
Blue or black pen, Coloured highlighter, paper, lunch/dinner
What to wear?
Dress comfortable but neatly please. Enclosed shoes (required for OHS purposes). Long hair must be tied/pinned back for OHS reasons